TOOL is looking for an electrical engineer to join our small team of Engineers and Industrial Designers that design a variety of consumer and commercial products. They will manage all electrical components but also be expected to participate in brainstorming and other collaborative work sessions. Electrical Engineers will need to be able to lead the PCB layout design of a product as well as lead the necessary related firmware development. They also perform general project management duties, including interfacing with clients, sourcing materials and vendors for prototyping, managing the project schedule and presenting their models in client design reviews.
- Have a BA/BS in electrical engineering or equivalent experience.
- Have 1-3+ years of experience
- Have previous experience working within a design/engineering consultancy or corporation.
- Have the desire to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with 3D CAD applications and ability to produce 3D CAD files of PCB and system designs for integration into mechanical database required (SolidWorks preferred)
- Have an understanding of proper guidelines for designing electrical systems (UL, CE and FCC) as used in consumer electronics and industrial/medical/military products.
- Aid in estimation of electrical complexity of new projects to guide the business development team project costing.
- You are curious, kind, and respectively challenge yourself and others around you.
- You are the type of person that goes above and beyond the title on your business card.
- You’re passionate about solving the relevant problems and possess an insatiable entrepreneurial compass.
- U.S. Citizenship required
This role is onsite in Marblehead, MA at TOOL’s studio. It is not a remote position. No remote applications will be considered. Covid-19 vaccination required. U.S. Citizenship Required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and portfolio/work samples. Please limit submissions to 10MB. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.