Junior Industrial Designer
Industrial Designers at Tool are part of a small team that develop a variety of consumer and commercial products. Designers guide in research, brainstorming, and concept development. A variety of skills and techniques are used in those three areas. Having a strong sketching ability is necessary and constant. Currently, most of our work gets pushed through Adobe CC products, with some use of other creative software apps like Procreate on iPads, web tools, and 3D modeling.
- Create product solutions that achieve strong aesthetic merit and establish a brand identity appropriate to the business.
- Have excellent form development abilities, capturing a clients tone while introducing uniqueness and forward thinking.
- Demonstrate a diversity of technical skills: CAD – Solidworks; excellent sketching; color, material & finish, rapid sketch development, prototyping, and visualization in Keyshot or equivalent.
- Develop 3D digital surface models of high complexity and sophistication that are both aesthetically skillful and technically solid.
- Lead the development of new product concepts that deliver new value and execute on our client’s goals.
- Combine appropriate design methods, theory and content to address a particular clients business challenges.
- Innovate while considering manufacturing directive , specifying materials, construction, mechanisms, color and surface finish.
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically and propose rational solutions that are driven by consumer insights, brand identity, and business assessments.
- Maintain a keen eye for other designers work in our global design community to determine best practices, methods, tools and approaches.
- Manage projects, deliverables, and client expectations by communicating with them and managing the project effectively.
- Have a BA/BS in Industrial Design or equivalent experience.
- Have at least 1-2 internship experiences in an industrial design role supporting high priority work
- Have previous experience working within a design consultancy or corporation.
- Have a strong capacity for critical thought and information synthesis.
- Have a strong understanding of the human-centered design process.
- Have the desire to work in a fast paced environment with demanding deadlines.
- You are curious, kind, and respectively challenge yourself and others around you.
- You are the type of person that goes above and beyond the description of your job title.
- You’re passionate about solving the relevant problems and possess an insatiable entrepreneurial compass.
This role is onsite in Marblehead, MA at TOOL’s studio. It is not a remote position. Covid-19 vaccination required. Interested candidates should submit a resume and portfolio/work samples. Please limit submissions to 10MB. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.