Mechanical Engineer II
Mechanical Engineers at TOOL are part of a small team of Engineers and Industrial Designers that designs a variety of consumer and commercial products. They participate in brainstorming and concept development for generating product ideas. Engineers need to be able to lead the CAD design and prototyping efforts of multiple projects at once. They also perform general project management duties, including interfacing with clients, sourcing materials and vendors for prototyping, managing the project schedule and presenting their models in customer design reviews.
- Lead, advise, and assist in the mechanical design of project work in order to assure on time submission of deliverables.
- Participate in brainstorm sessions and collaborate with the designers to develop top notch solutions to mechanical challenges.
- Work closely with the TOOL Shenzhen office to transition projects from development to manufacturing.
- Engage with outside vendors to support research, prototyping, and certification of products.
- Assemble, test, and debug prototypes and manufacturing samples in order to assess product viability.
- Ability to communicate with electrical engineering partners domestically and internationally in order to facilitate cohesive product designs.
- Interacting on a professional level with clients, including participating in business development presentations and design and engineering reviews.
- Travel as needed to client locations, vendors, trade shows, etc.
- Engage in business development activities such as researching companies, areas, or industry opportunities for the company to pursue as requested.
- Participation in TOOL activities by identifying products, markets and industries to explore possibilities for new product development.
- 3-5 years of design engineering experience demonstrating ability to take products from conceptualization to production, preferably relating to consumer products.
- Proficiency in designing parts and assemblies for a variety of manufacturing methods including injection molding, casting, rapid prototyping, sheet metal fabrication, and machining.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering Required
- Strong aptitude for mechanical mechanism design and engineering problem solving.
- High level of commitment to quality and dedication to project work demonstrated by project efficiently and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for internal team cooperation and client communication.
- Proficiently in the latest version of SolidWorks CAD package.
IMPRESS US WITH
- Electrical design for prototyping and small scale PCB layout.
- Proficiently using automated CNCs with CAM Software.
- Experience working with industrial designers.
- Experience in setting up and running FEA simulations using SolidWorks.
- Complex surface modeling using SolidWorks Surface tools.
This role is onsite in Marblehead, MA at TOOL’s studio. It is not a remote position. No remote applications will be considered. Covid-19 vaccination required. U.S. Citizenship Required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and portfolio/work samples. Please limit submissions to 10MB. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.